Alcohol Rehab Center Fort Myers Florida: A Comprehensive Guide to Finding the Best Treatment Center
At our alcohol rehab center in Fort Myers, Florida, we understand the devastating impact alcohol addiction can have on individuals and families. Alcohol addiction is a chronic disease that affects millions of people in the United States alone. According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, approximately 14.5 million adults aged 18 and older had alcohol use disorder (AUD) in 2019.
Everyone struggling with alcohol addiction deserves the best care and support. That’s why we have developed a comprehensive guide to help you find the best alcohol rehab center in Fort Myers, Florida. Our guide will provide you with everything you need about alcohol addiction, available treatment, and choosing the right rehab center for you or your loved one.
Understanding Alcohol Addiction
Alcohol addiction, also known as alcoholism, is a chronic disease characterized by uncontrolled drinking and a compulsive need to consume alcohol despite adverse consequences. It is a complex disease that can affect a person’s physical and mental health, relationships, and overall quality of life. Alcohol addiction can develop gradually over time or occur suddenly due to a traumatic event or stressor.
Symptoms of alcohol addiction can vary from person to person, but they typically include the following:
- Cravings for alcohol
- Difficulty controlling the amount of alcohol consumed.
- Continued use of alcohol despite adverse consequences
- Increased tolerance
- Detox Phase
You or your loved one will begin in a detox unit where the alcohol will have time to work out of the system. This detox phase is medically supervised so that the patient will always be under medical care. There are many steps to detoxing the body from the effects of the alcohol that the patient has been taking. It’s essential to rid the body of these toxins so the patient can enter treatment with minimal side effects.
The detox phase will vary in time from one person to the next. Some may only take a few days to recover during the detox phase. Others may take a week or longer to purify their bodies and rid them of the effects of the alcohol. Each step of the detox phase is medically supervised so that the patient isn’t suffering and can focus on their recovery.
After the detox phase, the client will meet with a care team to determine what will work best for their particular treatment. Just as no two people are alike, the treatment protocol will vary from one person to another. What works well for one person may not work for another so that this care plan will be individualized, and the client will have an opportunity to review their options during this time.
At our Alcohol Rehab Center in Fort Myers, Florida, where we provide personalized care and support to help you overcome alcohol addiction. We understand that alcohol addiction is a complex and chronic disease requiring comprehensive treatment that addresses your physical, emotional, and mental well-being. Our rehab center offers evidence-based treatments and therapies tailored to your needs and goals to achieve long-lasting recovery and a fulfilling life.
Part of the recovery process is learning about how alcoholism affects the person. It will also connect on how it affects the rest of the family or friends of the individual. Clients often don’t think their behavior directly impacts their family or friends. However, with proper education, they will see how much their addiction can affect others. The client will have plenty of opportunities for this education as an inpatient.
Many clients have lost their jobs, friends, family, and relationships with spouses, significant others, and children. This education process will help them to understand why and how their behavior and addiction had such an impact on all of this. For every action that the addict takes, there is a consequence, be it good or bad. Understanding this will go far in helping them to know how today’s choices can have a severe impact on how their relationships and jobs go.
We offer various alcohol rehab programs designed to meet everyone’s unique needs. Our programs include the following:
- Detoxification: We provide a medically supervised detoxification process that helps you safely and comfortably manage withdrawal symptoms. Our medical staff monitors your vital signs and administers medications to ease discomfort and ensure your safety.
- Residential Treatment: Our residential treatment program is immersive and intensive, providing 24/7 care and support. You will live on our campus, receive individual and group therapy sessions, and participate in activities promoting recovery and wellness.
- Outpatient Treatment: Our outpatient treatment program allows you to receive treatment at home or in a sober living facility. You will attend therapy sessions and participate in activities part-time, allowing you to maintain your daily responsibilities while focusing on your recovery.
- Aftercare Services: Our aftercare services provide ongoing support and guidance as you transition back into your daily life. We offer individual and group therapy sessions and community support groups that help you stay connected and accountable.